Monday, October 4, 2010

A Christmas Memory

What were some of the scenes from the story that you thought were more powerful?

Scenes that I thought were more powerful was when they were going to look for trees to cut down for Christmas. It was very descriptive of the smell, the mood, and the scene. Like "scented acres of holiday trees, prickly-leafy holly," gave me an image of many trees across the field with prickly-leaves. When they described the fresh sent of the trees, I felt like I could smell them too. Another scene that I thought was powerful was the fruitcakes. It was very detailed about how the women decided it wass 'fruitcake weather'. The author wrote very precise about how they got to make fruitcake, like how they got the money and the ingridients.

2 comments:

  1. Watch your agreement with subject and verb.
    "It was very descriptive of the smell, the mood, and the scene." This should be rephrased to 'The author clearly describe...'

    ReplyDelete