Monday, February 28, 2011

The Base Stealer/ American Hero Quickwrite

The the critical point of the fourth quarter, it's the last 5 seconds, the pressure's on. I go into action, and suddenly the crowd the silent. Everyone is in slow motion, you could see their faces one by one. My footsteps seems like it's fast forwarded in this slow motion world. I could hear my own thoughts and nothing else. Step by step, I dribbled the basketball, step by step, I move towards the hoop. As I ran, my legs felt like feathers surfing on air, my heart thumping as fast as I ran. I could feel my heart jumping, and hearing the thumps as loud as stereo speakers. Then, I jumped! The feeling of freedom, the feeling of victory, the feeling of accomplishment overcomes me. I felt nervous, scared, and confident, but only a little. The team depended on this shot, fate was in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment