Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Haiku Quickwrite

On the special day of the year, what I hear, see, taste, smell, and touch all connected with each other. On that day, most of what I heard was about how the year was ending so fast. "I'm going to miss you so much," was the majority of what I heard. Yes, it was the last day of school. Everyone was so sad about leaving each other, so everyone was talking about eighth grade ending and starting high school. Everything I saw that day was special to me. It occured to me that this was the last day I'll ever be a student at CMS. The fields, classrooms, classmates, trees, teachers, benches, and the hall seem memorable to me. Not to mention the food was memorable as well. At most schools, their lunches are disgusting, and so were some of our lunches. But, our lunches had a lot of variety, so even if there were bad food, there were also good ones as well. Same goes for brunch. I remember everyday during brunch, I'd get a cookie or a bagel. They were delicious! They smelled delicious too. The sweet smell of chocolate chip cookies, warm soft bagels, and the cheezy pizza sticks. This special day was a hot day. During PE, I could smell the sweat in the lockers, but also smell the fresh smell of the grass and flowers. Last but not least, the touch. This may sound weird, but on this day, everyone was hugging eachother. Because of that, I felt the warmth of peoples body.
This was an incredibly important and special day to me. Especially the moment I stepped foot on school grounds, and when the bell for school ending had rang. When I got to school, my view of the school had changed. I felt sad, happy, and thankful. Imagine you're leaving your home and this was the last time you're ever going to be living in this house. Wouldn't you feel sad, happy, and thankful? When I was leaving the school, thoughts about all I've heard that day flashed through my head. I felt like crying, but I didn't want to be sad over this. I'm sad that I'm leaving the school, but I know so is everyone else. The feelings are hard to describe, but the main thought on this was that it was a feeling of sadness mixed with thanfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment