Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Am a Rock

When he sings the chorus "I am a rock, I am an island," that's what I literally think of. In his first verse saying "I am all alone," I think of a person stranded in a deserted island. "It's loving and laughter that I disdain," shows me that he likes to be alone. To back that up, he sings "if I never of loved, I never would of cried." That verse gives me an image of someone trying to be strong, even though they've been hurt before. When hearing this song, I have an image of a lonely person on a stranded island because he doesn't want love, laughter, tears, or pain, because he just wants to be alone.

Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade
When I hear this songs I see a guy trying to persuade a girl that he loves her. Throughout the song, he tries to secure the girl by saying "I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start." He also says "because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you, over again, don't make me change my mind." That gives me and image of a guy standing in a garden rooftop with flowers, candle-lit dinner and everything. When he sings "because a girl like you is impossible to find, you're impossible to find," I think of a rare diamond or antique, something that's not common and there's only one in the world. Throughout this songs, I think of a sad image that a guy wants his girl to come back to him, but in the end I see the girl coming back to him because of what he says in this song, telling her she's one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment