Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Analyzing a Poem

When analyzing a poem, I find lines that are interesting to me. I read over the poem once, and try to comprehend the feeling it expresses to me. I also look for lines that are hard for me to understand. If there are words that I can't understand in a line, I look them up in the dictionary. Once I know all the words in the poem, find lines that are hard to understand or interesting to me, I start to think about what it means. Line by line, I analyze what the line might mean. The best clues that start off my analysis is by looking at the lines that are interesting or hard for me. Usually, those are the lines that I find are the main ideas of the poem. So, by understanding those sentences, I have a small understanding of the main idea the poem is trying to say. After I analyze every line, I put all of the meanings together to see if it makes sense. Sometimes, when I put everything together, I come up with other ideas for the poem or lines that make more sense than the one before. A lot of times, one line or word can symbolize for other things, so I think about the poem over and over again, until I think there's no more to it. After I'm done, I read over the poem and the analysis I came up with, making sure that I found the main points and showed an understanding of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment