Monday, March 21, 2011

American History Quickwrite

  • The earthquake of 911: Many buildings were destroyed, but luckily our apartment was fine. While it happened, I could feel the whole house shaking back and forth. Our whole family came together and grouped in the living room. It made me think about my family and my life, but mostly, I was just scared.
  • The tsunami in Japan(2011): Many of my friend's family back in California has relatives living in Japan. Hearing from all my Japanese friends talking about how worried they are about their relatives, it made me think about the tsunami. What if it hit the West coast, or if it hit Taiwan? It made me think how valuable our lives are, and how you have to treasure each moment with your family and friends.
  • At around 2010, a law in California was proposed that all teenagers born during the year 1995 and after, can only drive when they're 18 years of age. Before, all teenagers could learn how to drive and get their license if you turn 15, but now we have to wait until we're 18. I'm not sure if the law was passed or not, but so far, I think it didn't pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment