Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Necklace Quickwrite

To me, I think that envy is just a strong type of jealousy. It's not just jealousy, but also anger. People get angry at people who have things that they don't, and in a way, they're jealous of them. I think sometimes envy is wanting to be like someone, and at the same time you dislike them. It's like wanting something that they have and you don't, but disliking the person who has it because you don't have it. My feelings towards envy is that envying isn't always a bad thing. That's unless you start doing mean things just because you envy someone. I've never felt the negative effects of envying someone, but I have seen a lot. Sometimes other people dream about being in someone else's shoes, but when they did have the chance to have those things, it was too much for them. For example, one of friends wanted to be a celebrity. She knew that being a celebrity would be hard and pressurizing, but she never felt that kind of pressure before. One time, she wanted to audition for this entertainment, and when she went, they judges were very harsh. She didn't know that, and so, she got nervous and she starting doubting herself about her talents. That when she told me that, trying to become a celebrity is difficult, imagine how hard it'd be if you were actually a celebrity.

1 comment: