Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dog Star Vocabulary Test

1. The desolating loss of my grandmother's death depressed everyone in the family.
2. My mom says my brother and I should be astronomers because we both like to study the stars and the planets.
3. Angie's new shirt was stellar, whenever she was under the light, her shirt would shine like a star.
4. The luminous street lights helped guide me home safely.
5. Jerome was a misanthropic genius who always happen to dislike every human being he meets.
6. When Luke came back from his trip to the moon, he said he missed the terrestrial food.
7. Karene lost the race by default when she failed to reach the finishing point.
8. Shaked was always scared to visit big houses, it's because she's afraid to be lost in labyrinthine stairwells and rooms.

1 comment:

  1. #3 is still the wrong meaning. It's the other definition of the word that I wanted you to use.

    she's afraid to be lost by labyrinthine stairwells and rooms (in this one, the stairwells and rooms are losing you)
    she's afraid to be lost in labyrinthine stairwells and rooms (this one is correct)

    ReplyDelete